The XIII International Conference on
Symmetry Methods in Physics (SYMPHYS-XIII) organized by the
Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics of the Joint
Institute for Nuclear Research and International Center for
Advanced Studies at Yerevan State University will be held in
Dubna, Russia, July 6-9, 2009.
The first five Conferences were organized by the Institute of Physics
and Power Engineering in Obninsk from 1986 to 1991. The next seven
Conferences of this series were held at the Joint Institute
for Nuclear Research in Dubna: 1993, 1995 and 1997, at the Yerevan
State University in Yerevan, Armenia 2001, 2003 and 2006 and at the
Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic in 2004.
The preliminary programme includes the following topics
Integrable and superintegrable systems;
- Symmetries of differential and difference equations;
- Lie groups, representation theory and special functions;
- Quantum groups and q-special functions;
- Foundations of quantum mechanics;
- Quantum optics, coherent states, Wigner distribution function;
- Symmetry in atomic and nuclear physics.
The forthcoming SYMPHYS-XIII Conference is devoted to the memory of
Professor Yurii Fedorovich Smirnov.
Professor Yu.F.Smirnov (1935-2008) is a famous theoretical
physicist. For a long time he worked at the Moscow State University.
Professor Yu.F.Smirnov made a large contribution to the
nuclear physics, and to investigation of various aspects of
symmetries in Physics.